Can you give us 2 hours?
Our school has roughly 500 families. If one parent from each of these families committed to give just 2 hours of their time to a volunteer opportunity during the year, think what amazing things we would accomplish. Take the 2 hour pledge! On the next page, you will find a list of all the events, activities, and programs for the 2020-2021 school year that rely on parent involvement. Volunteers can contribute in the way most fitting or comfortable to them. Whether you are a working parent or a parent that works at home, we have a way for you to help. Examples of ways to volunteer are: helping set-up, clean-up, or decorate for an event, being a chairperson, or donating needed items. Know that when you volunteer, you’ll be supported by the HSO committee and the guiding hands of volunteers who have come before you. Talk this over with your kids and see where they would like you to participate.
• Can you chair an event or a class party?
• Can you bake some cookies at home and send them in?
• Can you answer questions of new families entering our school?
• Will you have one personal day you can use and help on the playground?
When the event approaches, the HSO Committee, Events Coordinator, or an Event Chairperson will contact you to confirm your involvement. If you are then unable to help, we can help you find another opportunity. I am available to discuss specifics regarding any of these opportunities. Please feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 636-795-3575.
We are also looking for Committee members for Staff Appreciation and Olympic Day.
ICD HSO President
Let us not love in word or speech, but in deed and truth.
1 John 3:18
Description of Volunteer Responsibilities
- HSO Parent Rep: Join HSO meetings and provide input for school events that are relevant to age group.
- Ambassador Program: Be available to answer questions for families that are new to the ICD Community
- Room Parent: Execute Class Parties, Cover Lunch during Book Fair/Bravo! Day, Help Coordinate communications between teachers and parents, Teacher gifts, etc
- Raise Craze: Looking for Committee Chairs! Service project, corporate sponsor referrals, Incentive delivery
- Trunk or Treat: Parking and Clean Up
- Teacher Conference Dinner: Providing side dishes, desserts, etc., Set Up, Clean up
- Donut Sunday: Set Up, Serving, Clean Up
- School Auction: Set Up, Clean Up, Etc.
- Walkathon: Set Up, Clean Up, Water Distributor
- Donuts with Dad: Set Up, Serve, Clean Up
- Grandparents Day: Set Up, Serve, Clean Up
- Muffins with Mom: Set Up, Serve, Clean Up
- Staff Appreciation: Set Up, Prep work, Clean Up, Deliver, Etc.
- HSO State of the School: Set Up, Clean Up
- Olympics: Looking for Committee Chairs! Set Up, Clean Up, Event Leaders, Village Leaders, Classroom "Team" Leaders, Donations