The purpose of the ICD Parents Helping Teachers Program (PHT) is to aid the teacher in building a strong foundation for learning. Prior to starting the program, there will be a REQUIRED meeting to discuss expectations and general guidelines. PHT volunteers assist teachers with a wide assortment of tasks.
- Volunteers are asked to help with filing and assembly of paperwork
- Volunteers are asked to work with children needing repetition to increase the child’s confidence and proficiency in reading, math, spelling, etc. (i.e. reading decodable readers and practicing math facts)
- Volunteers assist in the classrooms for grades K-8
- Volunteers are asked to commit to 1 to 3 hours per week on a regular schedule.
- Volunteers will not be assigned to the same classroom of his or her own children.
If you have questions regarding this program please contact Michelle Knapp, Assistant Principal by phone at 636-561-4450, ext. 127, or by email at email@example.com. Please take a few minutes of thought and prayer to decide if this is a commitment you can make at this time. If you would like to volunteer, or obtain more information regarding the program, please complete and submit this form. Required fields marked with an asterisk *