National Junior Honor Society
ICD National Junior Honor Society
The purpose of this organization shall be to create enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote leadership, to develop character, and to encourage good citizenship in the students of Immaculate Conception of Dardenne.
Membership in the National Junior Honor Society is both an honor and a responsibility. Membership is granted only to those students selected by the faculty council on the condition of their having met the standards for selection established at the local level and based on the provisions of the National Constitution. NJHS is more than an honor roll. Each candidate must demonstrate not only good grades, but also strength in each of the remaining four criteria: character, service, leadership, and citizenship. (Paraphrased from the NJHS Handbook).
- There will be a minimum of three weeks to complete it
- Completion of the packet will provide the NJHS faculty council with information on how the candidate has demonstrated the remaining qualities needed for selection: character, service, leadership, and citizenship.
- Candidates must also provide the faculty council with (4) teacher recommendations. The faculty council realizes how much personal growth can occur from year to year, so it is valuable for the council to have recommendations from teachers that consistently interact with the students day to day.
- At least three recommendations must come from current teachers.
- The fourth recommendation may come from a sixth grade teacher.
- Only one of the four may come from a special area teacher (art, music, band, Spanish, technology) or from someone not associated with ICD (coach, troop leader, etc.)