When it comes to learning and development, the proper environment can and will make a positive difference. ICD is so much more than an educational facility, because it operates within the parish community. Together, parents and other parish volunteers work in tandem to provide a support network for your child’s growth within the community of faith. At the same time, it offers you awide-variety of opportunities to enter this community and participate in your child’s learning.
- Your child will have the opportunity to explore a wide variety of extra-curricular activities: Student Council, Speech Team, Yearbook, Chess Club, Advisory, Math Team, Band, Student Lector Program, Choir, National Junior Honor Society, Future Problem Solvers, Social Justice Program, Academic Bowl Team, Girls on the Run, and Read Right and Run.
- Buddy Families—All new families entering ICD will be paired with a buddy family who will guide you and answer any questions you may have. This will ease you through your first year and beyond. Friendships are formed!
- School Buddies—Just like Mom and Dad, the children form quick friendships with a student mentor. All students in grades K-4 are paired up with a buddy (a student from another grade level and class) who will attend Mass with them, enjoy special events, and be there as a friend for your child.
- Advisory—A mentor program for students in 7th and 8th grade that prepares students for their next step in life. Particularly, the program focuses on relationship building, forming virtue, making good decisions, and succeeding academically. The success of this program is a result of the whole group lesson, small group discussion, and mentor facilitated project based learning.
- As a parent, you are welcome to experience the nurturing educational environment at ICD. You may visit the school and classrooms throughout the year, you may have lunch with your child on occasion, and you are welcomed and encouraged to attend Mass with us.
- Volunteering—From TAG lunches to PHT (Parents Helping Teachers), your assistance is welcome and helpful in order to foster great acts of holiness, faith and virtue among our 800+ students. All parents are given a list of volunteer opportunities at the beginning of the year. Just watch your child’s face light up when he or she see you at school. There are endless opportunities to practice stewardship and provide time at ICD.
- Security—Your child’s safety is a top priority. Within a parish community setting, we have taken extra steps to secure the school building. All doors are locked and the front door is the only point of entry. Visitors must be buzzed in and must wear identification throughout the building. All staff and visitors must have taken the “Protecting God’s Children” class and completed the background check in order to be allowed in the building.
- We are connected to the parish community through Sunday School program, MOPS program and Pre-School, which are all located on our school campus.